Hot Looks: Beauty Tools
Hot Looks: Beauty Tools
We’ve given you plenty of hair and makeup recommendations. But what good are those if you don’t have the proper tools? Here is a roundup of amazing ones to help you with your beauty routine—from hair to face and body.
1) Harry Josh Pro Tools 2-in-1 Ceramic Marcel Curling Iron 1”: If you’ve ever been torn choosing between a curling iron and a wand, this product brilliantly solves that dilemma. Featuring a detachable marcel clip, this hair tool can serve as both. The hairstyle options are now endless (you can do a beach wave one day and a sexy bombshell curl the next with the same tool!), and we couldn’t be happier. Plus, its high-end technology delivers even heat from the root to the tip of the wand—major! Thanks, Harry. You rock! $230
2) Giorgio Armani Maestro Brushes: Judging by the name alone (we’re huge fans of the Maestro line), we knew these brushes were going to be spectacular. And we were not wrong. All 11 are specially designed with natural and synthetic bristles that adjust to the curves of the face for perfect makeup application. These are seriously luxurious. $25–$90
3) Braun Silk-Épil 9: We’ve been fans of Braun epilators for years, and now the brand has launched a new one, for the better. As you know, epilators remove hair from the roots, so when you hair comes back it’s with a softer growth. And unlike waxing, there’s much less irritation and fewer ingrown-hair issues. What’s new and better about the Silk-Épil 9 is that is features a MicroGrip tweezer structure with a better grip, even for all that very fine hair, and wider and longer epilation. So think of it as a deep tweezer that’s on autopilot and plucks with efficiency and precision—nice! And the best part is that you can use it wet in the shower or dry! Gotta love that.
4) GHD Platinum Flatiron: We tend to stay away from flatirons because of the damage they can do to your hair. But this one from GHD is the exception. It has a single temperature of 365 degrees, to make sure your hair won’t dry out or melt. There are also added springs in the handle to give you a better grip, and it incorporates the brand’s own Tri-Zone technology, which distributes the same amount of heat to the hair no matter how big or small a piece you grab. Added bonus: it’s really good-looking! $249
5) Sephora Collection Hakuho-Do & Sephora Pro Kanpeki Perfection Brush Set: We are in love with this amazing brush set! It comprises six brushes—from shadowing to contouring and everything in between—all made with synthetic bristles that create a softer feel and give an actual sense of bounce as you apply makeup. Made in Japan using 200-year-old technologies, this is a keepsake you do not want to miss! $148
6) Paul Mitchell Neuro Dry: This dries hair fast! We promise you’ll be done in less than 10 minutes. It provides an LED display that shows the heat and power settings (love these features!). Plus, with a rubber-coated exterior, if you drop it accidentally it won’t break on you. And doesn’t it look cool? $170
7) Sara Potempa Beachwaver Pro: Get Victoria’s Secret Angel hair with the tool used backstage at this year’s show. The Beachwaver Pro rotates in both directions to give you those sexy curls. $199